Saturday, March 1, 2014

.: looking back :.


February may be the shortest month but somehow for me it always feels like the longest.  And this February has felt longer than any before!  We started the month with everyone of us getting the flu; we were all down for about two weeks.  Robb and I could tell Frances was quite sick simply because she was so still!



(Neva was such a good nurse...very serious about reading to Robb while he was resting!)


But we were back on our feet in time to enjoy the constant, all the time, everywhere snow.




 After what felt like a few weeks of hibernating, we sure were glad to be out in the sun, climbing, digging, building, laughing, and breathing in the fresh.  After celebrating Robb's birthday last week we are now getting ready to celebrate Frances' s birthday next week!  I've been busy with finishing up some birthday projects for her...I like to make the girls sweaters for their birthdays and this year Frances will also be getting her very own baby doll, similar to the one I made for Neva when she turned two.  (remember this?

Even though there is more snow headed our way tomorrow night, somehow it's starting to feel like spring is around the corner.  As the snow melted in patches here and there last week, Neva and I were excited to see the tiniest hints of green...crocuses, snowdrops, and daffodils making their way up to us.  Neva looked up at me and declared, "oh Mama, I'm ready for spring!" 




1 comment:

  1. I am with Neva I want Spring to get here and soon!! Miss you all. I have posted several updates on our blog. Sorry it has been too long. Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete