Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A lot about knitting...


As with any celebration around here, the days leading up to Frances' birthday have been a flurry of knitting.  Knitting while kids are eating, knitting while kids are playing, knitting whlie Frances is nursing (yes, it can be done!)  On the needles there in my basket is this sweet little dress from possibly my favorite pattern designer.  I've had my eye on it for a while as a birthday gift for Frances.  As excited as I was to begin, it sort of became a sizing nightmare...ripping out, starting over at least three times.  So, it definitly won't be finished in time, but luckily Frances is not yet conscious of time in any practical or conceptual manner.  I did finish up a little bunny for her (which you can see in the basket too) and now it's a matter of trying furiously to make another one so Neva can have one too.  The pattern is very simple and sweet, a favorite in the Waldorf classroom and it comes from this great book. 

On the topic of knitting projects, here is what I made for the girls this Christmas (better late than never!)



The baby sophisticate for Frances, a quick and simple knit, very classy with the shawl collar.  I tried to get a picture of her in it, but they all came out blurry because she never stops moving!




A squirrel pillow for Neva!  Neva had been admiring this squirrel at our yarn shop for so long I decided to make her her very own.  A crazy pattern by the daahhling of the knitting world, Ysolda Teague, but so much fun to knit. 



And finally something for me!  An enormous and incredibly warm cowl from this pattern.  Using a super bulky wool, it was so quick to knit up and has already become a winter staple for me.  I even wear it to bed sometimes!

Probably my sister is the only one who cares enough about knitting to have made it this far in the post...way to go D!

No comments:

Post a Comment