Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In bloom


Our hydrangea trees are in bloom which makes it a treat to step out onto our porch, particularly in the early morning or late afternoon.  The blooms are alive with the buzzing bees and I bring them in by the fistful to decorate our table, mantles, anywhere.  I find them particularly beautiful while the children are napping, sipping coffee with knitting in hands, but I think this maybe happened once this summer.  I remember these trees being in bloom last year when we first came to look at this house....Maybe it's the approaching change of seasons, the cooler night air, the leaves that are starting to fall or Frances' talking more and seeming very much like a toddler and not very much like a baby but....I feel very aware of the passing time.  How precious to be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment