Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sandbox (and the 100th post!)


One of the other highlights of this summer has been our sandbox!  I found the pattern here and thought it was such a sweet and practical design. As you can see in the picture, the cover opens up to form seats, creating a really cozy and happy spot to sit together.  I showed to it my father and, naturally, it arrived about a week later!  He never ceases to amaze me.






We've already had so much fun with it, playing there many times each day.  Thank you so much Popeye!
 

As a side note, perhaps some of you know that we've begun a new rhythm this week in hosting a small Waldorf inspired group here with our dear little friends Jubilee, Liem, and my friend Kristen.  It's a new adventure for us all!  If you're interested, I'll be sharing occasionally here what we're up to!  If you want to read a bit more about Waldorf homeschooling, I recently read this article by Donna Simmons that I thought was a good introduction. 

1 comment: